Dear McCall Community,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year. Here is all the information you need to connect with the McCall Home and School Association (HSA) and support our school community.
About McCall’s HSA
McCall’s HSA raises money to provide critical academic, extracurricular, and facility support to General George McCall Elementary School. Donations to the HSA have funded structured recess (EducationWorks) for every student, school-wide air conditioning, translation tools for school events, new textbooks and supplemental reading programs, SMART boards, the school’s LIMA position, and teacher laptops.
Please complete the membership form to be added to our email list. This is the best and easiest way to stay updated on fundraisers, volunteering and upcoming events. Click on the form below:
● Join our Facebook group “Friends of McCall”
● HSA’s Instagram @mccall_hsa
● McCall’s Instagram @mccall_elementary
All contributions are tax-deductible as McCall Home and School Association is a 501(c)(3) organization. Already a member and want to contribute to our current fundraising campaign? Based on the needs identified by Principal McKenna, the HSA is moving forward with fundraising for 10 more teacher laptops to support virtual learning. The goal of this campaign is $10,490.
There are three ways to donate:
● Mailing a check
○ Checks should be made out to ”McCall Home and School Association” and while virtual learning is happening please mail checks to ATTN: Alyson Quigley, HSA Treasurer, 744 South Street, #37, Philadelphia, PA 19147
○ If you qualify for matching funds from your employer, please donate via check and we will happily fill out any supporting documentation.
○ Another way to donate is through the Venmo app. Our username is @McCallHSA
○ Please send a note about your gift to our treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can acknowledge your contribution and provide a tax receipt.
○ You can use PayPal to donate by contributing to the PayPal Giving Fund (PPGF) and having your donation earmarked for McCall at http://bit.ly/SupportMcCall
○ PPGF is itself a non-profit and will send you a tax receipt via email. If you supply your email address, the HSA will also send you an acknowledgement. Donations of $500 or more will be honored with an inscribed leaf on the Giving Tree, outside of the McCall school auditorium. Other Ways to Support the HSA
● Shop on Amazon?
Shop at https://smile.amazon.com and identify McCall HSA as your charity and we’ll receive a donation every time you make a purchase at no cost to you! You can also designate the McCall charity option in your Amazon app.
● Cleaning out your closet?
We can’t take your gently used blender, but if you list your items on https://nextdoor.com, you can identify the McCall HSA to receive the sale’s proceeds.
● Volunteer! Email us (email@example.com) that you’d like to be first to know about opportunities to get involved.
○ If you have experience with grant writing, web design, or fundraising we’d love to hear from you.
Priscilla Lo, President
Marta Rodriguez, Tk Angel Masse, Co-Vice Presidents
Alyson Quigley, Treasurer
Colleen Cassidy, Secretary
McCall Home and School Association is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), charitable organization. We are a volunteer-run organization. The McCall HSA EIN# is 27-1367019. The official registration and financial information of McCall HSA may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. www.mccallschool.org