PA State Law New Immunization Requirements
beginning August 2017
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis(1 dose on or after the 4th birthday) usually given as DTP, DTaP DT or Td
- Tdap tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis due in 7th grade
- 4 doses of Polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given) The 4th dose is a new requirement. A 4th dose is not necessary if 3rd dose was administered at age 4 years or older and at least 6 months after the previous dose.
- 2 doses of MMR measles, mumps, rubella (1st must be after 1st birthday)
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- 2 doses of Varicella (1st dose must be after 1st birthday)
- MVC meningococcal conjugate vaccine 1st dose in 7th grade, 2nd dose 12th grade. The 12th grade dose is a new requirement. If one dose was given at 16 years of age or older, that shall count as the 12th grade dose.