DEAR McCALL FAMILY,
On behalf of the officers and board members of the McCall Home and School Association, I write to thank everyone who has contributed time, money, donations in-kind, and ideas to help make McCall a wonderful community for all!
Whether it was the McCall Fall Cleanup, the Halloween Party School Fundraiser, Election Day Bake Sale, Uniform Sales, Merry Monday faculty and staff appreciation breakfast, McCall Warm Fuzzies winter accessories drive, 100 Book Challenge volunteers and book drive by Anna Brown, Leslie Bulitt of BuildOn, and Bala Cynwyd Middle School principal Mark Pellico, the McCall community and its supporters have repeatedly stepped up to provide resources for our entire school community. THANK YOU!
The McCall HSA continues to serve our school community through education and advocacy:
- McCall HSA provided testimony to the new Board of Education and City Council, about the need for principals, faculty, staff, and families to have greater input into school budgets and prioritization of capital improvements;
- McCall HSA has partnered with School District Director of Operations Danielle Floyd, Nicole Ward, Alfred Howard, and Fund for PHL John Barber, providing them with a tour of known capital needs and during which faculty provided input;
- McCall teacher Mabel Sei, parent Ling Gao, and I participated in Asian Americans United’s listening session with superintendent Dr. William Hite, Jr., to advocate for multilingual students and families;
- McCall HSA hosted a Saturday morning listening session with Principal Stephanie McKenna, so immigrant families could share ideas and concerns;
- McCall HSA met with FACE Office, Office of Grants Development, and Philadelphia Home and School Council to learn best practices on home and school partnerships and how to diversify our funding streams;
- and McCall HSA has hosted daytime and evening meetings, updated the HSA website to include translated documents, and provided 24/7 support to Mandarin-speaking families through our volunteer-run WeChat group.
While McCall HSA will continue to advocate for more resources,the fact remains that there are many critical needs at our school now. CLICK HERE to read the requests we have received from faculty and staff. CLICK HERE to read about our fundraising activities to date. The past McCall HSA funded EducationWorks, which provides structured recess for students K-5. EducationWorks has expanded activities to provide restorative justice programming for students. The HSA must raise $53,000 to fund EducationWorks alone. Every dollar goes a long way to provide the resources our principal, faculty, staff, and students need to succeed. Please CLICK HERE to make a tax-deductible donation to support our school.
The HSA also appreciates the time that families and supporters can give to our school. Check out these school volunteering opportunities:
- Our school needs volunteers for the 100 Book Challenge throughout the year. To sign up for a shift, CLICK HERE.
- In case you missed it, CLICK HERE for audition and rehearsal information regarding McCall Drama Club’s production of “Annie, Jr.”. Stay tuned for info on how you can volunteer to support McCall Drama Club’s production of “Annie, Jr.” The HSA raises funds for our school by selling concessions, tees, and tickets. Let us know if you’d like to help!
- The McCall Gala is our biggest fundraiser of the school year. The next McCall Gala which will take place on Friday, May 17, 2019 at Reading Terminal Market. If you are interested in volunteering, please attend our planning meeting on January 9. If you are interested in attending, please contact President@McCallSchool.org.
As always, THANK YOU for all the ways you make McCall a special community. If you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. If you haven’t made a donation yet, we hope you will consider making a donation today or signing up to volunteer. McCall HSA is a small, volunteer-run nonprofit that works closely with Principal Stephanie McKenna, faculty, staff, and families on education, advocacy, volunteer opportunities, and fundraising priorities. McCall HSA’s activities are referenced in our school’s Title I School-Parent Compact. (To view the 2017-18 compact approved by our school community last year, please CLICK HERE.)
无论是McCall秋季清理，万圣节派对学校募捐活动，选举日烘焙销售，统一销售，Merry周一教职员工欣赏早餐，McCall Warm Fuzzies冬季配件驱动，100本书挑战志愿者和Anna Brown，Leslie Bulitt的书籍驱动BuildOn和Bala Cynwyd中学校长Mark Pellico，McCall社区及其支持者一再加紧为我们整个学校社区提供资源。谢谢！
- McCall HSA为新的教育委员会和市议会提供了证据，证明校长，教职员工和家庭需要更多地投入到学校预算和资本改进的优先次序;
- McCall HSA与学区运营总监Danielle Floyd，Nicole Ward，Alfred Howard以及PHL John Barber基金合作，为他们提供了已知资本需求的参观，并在此期间为教师提供了投入;
- McCall老师Mabel Sei，父母Ling Gao和我参加了亚裔美国人联合会与负责人William Hite，Jr。博士的听力会议，为多语种学生和家庭提供支持;
- McCall HSA与Principal Stephanie McKenna主持了周六早上的听力会议，因此移民家庭可以分享想法和关注点;
- McCall HSA与FACE办公室，Grants Development办公室以及费城家庭和学校委员会会面，了解家庭和学校合作伙伴关系的最佳实践以及如何使我们的资金流多样化;
- 和McCall HSA举办了日间和晚间会议，更新了HSA网站以包含翻译文件，并通过我们的志愿者运营的微信组为全文的家庭提供全天候支持。
虽然McCall HSA将继续倡导更多资源，但事实仍然是我们学校现在有许多关键需求。点击这里阅读我们从教职员工处收到的请求。点击这里阅读我们迄今为止的筹款活动。过去的McCall HSA资助了EducationWorks，为学生K-5提供结构化休息。 EducationWorks扩展了为学生提供恢复性司法程序的活动。 HSA必须筹集53,000美元才能单独为EducationWorks提供资金。每一美元都有很长的路要走，以提供我们的校长，教职员工和学生成功所需的资源。请点击此处进行免税捐赠以支持我们的学校。
- 如果您错过了，请点击此处获取有关McCall Drama Club制作“Annie，Jr。”的试听和排练信息。请继续关注如何自愿支持McCall Drama Club制作“Annie，Jr。”的信息。 HSA通过出售特许权，发球和门票为我们的学校筹集资金。如果您想帮忙，请告诉我们！
与Principal Stephanie McKenna，教职员工和家庭密切合作，
McCall HSA的活动在我们学校的Title I