Thanks to everyone who supported the 2019 McCall Gala and Silent Auction,
our school’s largest fundraiser of the year!
Thank you to our inaugural Community Partner Award winner Michael Solomonov of Zahav, special guests Rep. Mary Isaacson, Councilmember Helen Gym, and Councilman Mark Squilla! Even Loco Lucho’s Latino Kitchen, owned by a Greenfield Parent, donated a live auction paella dinner for 25 people to help raise funds for McCall! Thank you to our event sponsors, silent auction donors. Thank you to Francine Sandrow and Kevin Hoekzema, our Gala co-chairs; Auction co-chairs Jessica Mosur Joseph and Priscilla Lo; Host Committee members Cari Akula, Marla Axelrod, Peggy Banaszek, Jessica Walls Beers, Alison Kelly Bozic, Bob Caplan, Jessica Downes, LaShayah Edgefield, Lisa Hallowell, Chloe Harris, Allison Grace Exley, Harvey Hurdle, Nancy Lin, Priscilla Lo, Jenny Meassick, Marissa Nolan Post, Dave Raibe, Jackie Raible, Brian Schwartz, Lindsay Williams, and Paige Wolf.
Thank you to the following partners:
- Reading Terminal Market General Manager Anuj Gupta and merchants for their incredible hospitality;
- All About Events for their generosity and superior event planning expertise, and start-to-finish support for our volunteer-run nonprofit;
- Molly Malloy’s Miranda Colasante, and to our angels Teresa and Vinnie Iovine for generously opening up all 35 beers on tap to cap off #TeachersAppreciationWeek;
- Jackie Raible and Angry Mountain Films creating a powerful video tribute to McCall and to Michael Solomonov;
- Bouncy’s On Wheels for donating the regal loveseat and grass wall event rental;
- Events By Tameka for donating the Gala’s luau-themed balloon wall and balloon decorations;
- Brian Schwartz of BrainDo for donating graphic design talents;
- Workshop Underground for the pop up shop, with 25% of proceeds benefiting McCall;
- Liberty Lake Day Camp for donating music by DJ Gabe Wilmes;
- MediaCopy for producing our invitation, poster, and playbill.
Check out our 2019 McCall Gala and Silent Auction Playbill, designed by Brian Schwartz.
We hope you enjoy these photos by Shawn Reid Photography!
McCall Home and School Association’s Annual Gala and Auction
2019 Rules and Instructions – General
- By bidding in the McCall Home and School Association’s (“HSA”) live and silent auction (www.one.bidpal.net/mccallgala), each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” The McCall HSA Auction Committee has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
- Restaurant certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
- Payment for items purchased must be made in full on the night of the auction. McCall HSA accepts payment through BidPal.
- Following payment, you may pick up your purchases in the checkout area. You must show your paid receipt for items to be picked up.
- The purchaser must pick up all items the night of the auction, unless special arrangements are made.
- Please ensure that you have all items with you at checkout. Once you have claimed your items from the checkout table, you are responsible for your items. McCall HSA is not responsible for missing, lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- If you are not present to pick up your item, you must make arrangements to pick up your item. McCall HSA will contact you using the phone number and/or email address that you provided.
- Any item left unclaimed after 10 calendar days, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to McCall HSA.
- McCall HSA reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Unless otherwise specified, all auction gift certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction.
- All sales are final. Items may not be returned to the businesses for refunds or exchanges.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from McCall HSA, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the auction company and its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
- All bidders must register using BidPal and receive a bidder number for use at the silent auction.
- Bidders must use their bidder number for their bid to be valid.
- Remember, if you bid, you may win. Please check before leaving.
- Please do not remove items from the tables.
- Please do not remove items from their original packaging.
- Keep checking on the bids if there are items you really want!
- Silent auction tables close at the discretion of the McCall HSA Auction Committee. No bids may be placed after that time.
Buy It Now
- The Buy It Now price is the final price and guarantees your purchase of an item when you bid that amount.
- Please do not remove a Buy It Now item from the table.
- Live auction bidding is managed by the Auctioneer. To place a bid, raise your arm and/or your Gala playbill, and waive it until your bid is acknowledged.
- The person with the highest bid acknowledged by the Auctioneer is the winner.
- Raffles are drawn during the live auction. Winning ticket-holders must be present at the live auction to win.
- Raffle winners not present at the time the raffle is drawn will forfeit the prize and the next raffle ticket will be drawn for that prize.
- Each person who purchases a wine pull ticket will draw a number.
- McCall HSA will match your number to the bottle of wine with the matching number on its item tag.
- Your wine bottle will be held for you to pick up at the end of the Gala for your convenience.